CPCS Red Card (Trained Operator)
To begin with, the CPCS Red Card Trained Operator is issued on successful completion of the CPCS Theory and Practical Technical Tests which must be taken with a CPCS-accredited test center. CPCS Card
Learn which theory and practical test you need to complete in order to gain a Red Trained Operator Card.
Furthermore, to get this card you need to (in this order):
- Pass the relevant CITB health, safety, and environment test.
- Achieve the CPCS theory test (within two years of the CITB health, safety, and environment test)
- Achieve the CPCS practical test (within six months of the CPCS theory test and within two years of the CITB health, safety, and environment test).Both CPCS theory and practical tests are delivered by an approved CPCS test center. The test center will apply for the card.
Red CPCS Card
What steps do you need to take to Upgrade your Red Trained Operator Card
- Hold a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card for the category which is within 12 months of the expiry date if the extension has been applied for or 24 months if the extension has not been applied for
- Pass the relevant CITB health, safety, and environment test within the last two years
- Achieve a VQ, with the appropriate units relevant to the category
Moreover, A Blue Competent Operator Card will be issued for five years. Full details on How to Upgrade a Red card are available to view in the Scheme Booklet for Operators.