ECS Installation Electrician Card
Electrical Labourer ECS Card
The Installation Electrician ECS gold card is for Level 3 competency based (NVQ) skilled individuals who work unsupervised on the installation, commissioning and maintenance of low voltage electrical and electronic equipment and appliances in a consumer’s electrical installation.
The gold card shows that the cardholder has completed a formal industry-regulated competency based. Qualification, which includes technical theory with practical and competency assessments.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for an ECS Installation Electrician gold card, applicants must meet the following criteria and provide proof of:
- A JIB-recognised UK Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard or JIB-approved UK competency-based qualification (NVQ).
- Hold a current ECS Health, Safety, and Environmental Assessment. For details visit the HS&E Assessment page
- A recognized BS7671:2018 qualification.
Details of JIB-recognised UK Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard or JIB-approved UK competency-based. qualification can be found on our Installation Electrician – Legacy Qualifications page.
If you are trained outside the UK you must demonstrate the same qualification standard as UK-trained electricians. For details visit the non-UK qualifications page.
Electricians trained through the Royal Engineers RSME should click here for information about the Electrician RSME ECS card.
Furthermore, If you are not qualified to the Level 3 competency-based qualification (NVQ) standard. Or cannot provide certificates to prove your qualifications, you have the following options:
- The Experienced Worker Assessment helps operatives to become accredited at Level 3 standard
- There are other ECS cards that will allow site access to carry out specific work, such as Labourer or Experienced Worker. These cards can be upgraded to a gold card when you qualify to the industry standard.
ECS Labourer Card